Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
moondawg
Faron
jlee
Sean Guthrie
Zac_with_no_K
Tony
darcydawg
muddfoot
12 posters

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts

Jay
    Jay

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts - Page 5 Empty Re: Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts

Post  Jay Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 am

If you can get those 3 things by Sat, I'm pretty darn sure someone has an ESC and motor you can use for the day. Like I said I'll cover your battery and charging needs for the day.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts - Page 5 Empty Re: Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:02 pm

We have a really cheap radio with reciever and servo at the store. It is a digital 2.4ghz system but is less than 150. Jay have some info on the truck for you too.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Awesome Sean thanks
    JShultz1

Post  JShultz1 Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:09 pm

What kind of radio?
    steven

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts - Page 5 Empty alota action

Post  steven Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey lads,
    hope you guys had a good thanksgiving/holiday,

theres alot of activity on this thread, sweet!
    I look forward to meeting the newer guys out there and laying the smack down especially on paul! cheers JK.
    Sean doesn't like the mini's because he can't put a 6.5 with timing advance in there due to the gearing restrictions etc...

My foot is finally healed, I will be racing this saturday. Had the beetle juice wart removal method done, OUCH.

As far as hop ups, I just got bearings. I am considering oil shocks but the car handles pretty decent besides looking funny bouncing around. Oh yea I have foam tires too.
    This class is fun, I had a 2 tcs and 1/12 last year and it was alot of work. the mini just throw it down and run.

Thanks again Sean, John and Carter

LMK if u guys need any part numbers for the stock body or what ever.

See u then.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:48 pm

What's the general thought on tires? Are we running hardcore TCS rules and using Tamiya tires only. Or are we going to run TCS rules with open tires? For the most part I can go either way, as long as we don't start really stretching the rules.

Foam tires would be great and rudce the traction roll issues I've been having, but I'm not going to buy them if we can't run them. What are your thoughts guys.

P.S. I know I'm a new guy, and I'm not trying to make any waves I just want to know where the rules start and end.

Jay

Last edited by Jay on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JShultz1

Post  JShultz1 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 pm

I think it's better to keep the prices as low as posable...i.e. Tamiya rubber tires... just my 2 cents

Jeff
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah Jeff I'm kinda leaning toward Tamiya tires also, but I don't think they would necessarily be any cheaper than the foams since the foam tires come with wheels and already mounted.

So my vote is +1 for rubbers
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 pm

It was decided at the onset to race foam or rubber. I have both and don't believe their is an advantage to either one...whatever fits your driving traits..
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:25 pm

sounds good to me
    JShultz1

Post  JShultz1 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:29 am

Yep....sounds cool....
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:23 am

Guys,

when we started this class there was only 4 of us. Now that the class is growing we should make the shift to 100% TCS rules...say 1 Jan 2011?

Am I saying measure everyones fan sizes, weights, check your version of the 540J motor every race?...no, not at weekly club races. TCS rules just gives us clear guidance, especially for "big Races"...if any are upcomming.

Open tire is a dangerous move - although I do like foams..."for the life of the class" TCS rubbers and rules are simply the best.
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 am

Made a Tamiya Mini Forum

cheers

Paul Cool
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:04 am

muddfoot wrote:Guys,

when we started this class there was only 4 of us. Now that the class is growing we should make the shift to 100% TCS rules...say 1 Jan 2011?

Am I saying measure everyones fan sizes, weights, check your version of the 540J motor every race?...no, not at weekly club races. TCS rules just gives us clear guidance, especially for "big Races"...if any are upcomming.

Open tire is a dangerous move - although I do like foams..."for the life of the class" TCS rubbers and rules are simply the best.
    Muddy, where is the danger? Tamiya parts, motors, and battery rules are plenty in the rules department...let racers have some input into their cars. That is part of the fun and challenge..making the class too bland is more a danger to the class than tire selections....IMHO

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am