SUMMER ASPHALT RACING!

moondawg

Schedule

Post  moondawg on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 am

Where is the asphalt schedule posted?
    Sean Guthrie

Re: SUMMER ASPHALT RACING!

Post  Sean Guthrie on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Asa, I will get John to post it up on the website we have both been super busy. We were scheduled to have a practice this Friday but the track just isnt going to be ready. Thanks to John, Mike, Jacob, and Jeff for there hard work today and yesterday the facility is really cleaned up nice and the driver stand has been greatly improved. We will be painting the stand this week and laying down the track layout starting Friday night and finishing up Saturday. Please mark your calendars to come help this Friday night and Saturday day. We are hoping to get the track all finished up this weekend. There is still lots of work to be done but a good group of hands will make quick work of it.
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 am

Update: Want to update everyone on the status of the track, this weekend we got a lot done with help from Mike Hamilton, Carter Altman, Jeff Granone, John Soloday, Max Kuenning, Scott Box, and Jacob Johnston. The driver stand is completely painted, there is now a door for the race director area, the race director area is cleaned, below the stand is cleaned, the plywood is in place on the left side of the track where the wind normally comes from so hopefully the track will stay cleaner, the outer wall is now lowered down to the asphalt so cars cant go under it, the track is almost all presure washed.

This Tuesday and Thursday we need to finish pressure washing the track if the wind isnt bad we were just about done on Saturday when a huge gust of wind turned a clean wet area of the track to a muddy area. We need to start laying down the boards and the dots, and we need to paint the lines.

Next Tuesday we need to spend some time figuring out how and where to pit, get the loop and computer set-up, figure out how we are going to use the PA, spend some time blowing the track.

Then next Thursday we are going to have the first night of track prep before the first race, so we will have to blow the track, sweep, and pick up whatever has landed on the track. Then we will have to VHT the track.

Thank you to those of you who have donated your time and money you have paid for all of the paint and painting equipment.

I have tracked down VHT and will have it this weekend, the cost for a 55 gallon drum is 850 dollars. We will make that last all season, 11 races, divided out that is 77.75 a race, plus the rent which divided out this season will be 70 a race. So we need to get 15 entries each night to cover the big costs, that doesnt include all of the other small costs. I only bring this up so people will understand why we are going to be charging 10 per entry this season. And I ask that everyone please support the track and the hobby store, everything that we had at the carpet track we will have out at the asphalt track. And as always we can order just about anything you need.

Don't forget we will also be racing short course trucks and will piece together any off-road class that people want to run! On top of 17.5 non timing touring car, mod touring car, nitro touring car, 1/8 on road (Mike, Lebak, Max, Chef Rich, and myself Smile), novice, mini, and hopefully some pan cars depending on just how smooth the track turns out.

I hope to see you all there!
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 am

I just checked the weather for tomorrow and it looks really nasty. We will play it by ear but if it is windy there is really nothing we can do on the track. So watch this forum to see what the game plan is.
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:18 am

Track work today is canceled guys. Weather shows wind speed over 20mph until after sundown tonight. Gusts will be higher and that is in the city limits so we wont be able to do anything out there. Take tonight to work on your cars. We will try again Thursday.
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm

This wind sucks! Crying or Very sad
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

Some stitched together pictures of the track (panorama). We still need to paint some of the infield but the track is finally coming along.

Mike H.
    John Soladay

Post  John Soladay on Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 am

Thanks Again to:

Max K
    Carter Altman
    Mike Hamilton
    Jeff Granone
    Sean Guthrie

their hard work has made this possible

Its less than a week away...I cant Wait!!!!!!!!!
    bnarcers

Post  bnarcers on Tue May 03, 2011 9:43 pm

What time is everyone planning on showing up friday?
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Wed May 04, 2011 9:58 am

bnarcers wrote:What time is everyone planning on showing up friday?

Fridays: Gates at 6PM, Racing at 7:30PM

Mike H.
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

I hope to see everyone there this Thursday and Friday. We are going to clean and VHT the track Thursday and then VHT again on Friday to help build up the grip since this is the first race.
    just4funracing

Post  just4funracing on Sat May 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks for a fun weekend guys, it was awesome running mod tc!

Click,
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg on Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 pm

It was a great night of racing. All the hard work paid off. The track should only get better. Can't wait to put my car back down and run some more.

Carter
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Sat May 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks to everyone for a great night of racing! It was great to be able to run 1/8 scale again and I’m amazed by the speed of both Sean and Max. You guys are crazy fast.

Mike H.
    bnarcers

Post  bnarcers on Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 pm

wish i could have made the trip Crying or Very sad
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Tue May 10, 2011 2:06 pm

That was an awesome race night it was a bit long which we appologize for but it sure was fun and 1/8th scale is awesome!!! I hope to see everyone there at the next race. Also no track work tonight but Thursday night we are hoping to do a bit more work on the track and practice if you guys want. We are going to try and hang some more fence on the back side of the track for sponsorship places and start building short course trucks as that was awesome racing and I think is a great opprotunity for RCRIOT.

muddfoot

Post  muddfoot on Sat May 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Track looks amazing! You guys did a great job.
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Sat May 14, 2011 11:59 pm

I forgot to post and thank Carter and Mike, the three of us went to the track Thursday night and got 7 more pieces of ply wood hung up on the back straight to help improve the dust collected on the track and give us space to post sponsors on the track. I also adjusted some of the boards that we had issues with and screwed them all together so they wont move around. I think everyone will be happy with the changes.
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Sun May 22, 2011 1:12 am

Thanks to everyone for another great race. It was cold and it felt like the "Attack of the Mugens" in 1/8th, but the racing was a blast! Can't wait for the next race on June 3rd.

Mike H.
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie on Thu May 26, 2011 8:52 am

Boy was it a cold one, but it was fun. I really appreciate everyone who came out and supported the track. I am hoping that the cold weather is over with I know the wind isn't.

So everyone knows Big Boys Toys now has some nitro foam sedan tires, eletric sedan tires, sedan bodies, and Byron fuel.

Adrian over at Big Boys Toys is also donating some more plywood to the track so we can work on finishing the back straight fence. We will need to paint it and then we are going to have some graphics put up on it to make the track look even better.

I still need to finish smoothing out the transition as well as adding foam to the lower side of the fence to keep dirt from blowing under our plywood. Jim Larson got the light bulb that is burnt out of the fixture for us and we will be able to replace it for the next race!!!!

Last update and then I will shut up is we will not be out at the track tonight it is supposed to be very windy and I dont have the energy to fight with the wind tonight. Sorry guys but I just can't take a wind blasting tonight.
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks for another great race night! Nitro touring was a blast up to the point when my wheel and axle cried enough. The 1/8 scale is still a work in progress but man those cars are fun to drive! The weather was fantastic besides the smoke. Can’t wait for the next race on June 17th. Tell everyone you know to come out and race!

Mike H.
    mike hinds

Post  mike hinds on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:58 pm

hello to all
    going to come down from denver to play race car with you guys on the 17th hope the wheather is good cant wait
    John Soladay

Post  John Soladay on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Hey Mike,

Glad to here this! What class are you planning on running? 10th if i recall from when we were up there. Should be fun. If you need anything, let us know. we have tables and chairs if you dont want to lug yours down, id make sure to bring a light as the pits are lit, but not well.

John
    mike hinds

Post  mike hinds on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:23 pm

john thanks
    i will be bringing the trailer so light is not an issue nor the tables but thanks do you need me to bring any thing else besides my A game and my daughter for the novice class
    mike hinds

Post  mike hinds on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 pm

how many nitro 10th scales do you guys have out there?
    tell them to come out and race!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:13 am