Few new guys, looking to do some VTA style class

lbz34

Few new guys, looking to do some VTA style class

Post  lbz34 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Name is Sean Stanford, Owner of Solid Tech performance in Alb. Me and a few guys are looking at coming out to do some on road stuff. We are looking to get some more interest in a VTA style class, Rubber tires, 17.5's classic/modern body realistic style stuff. Just putting it up here and see you guys next week for some on road fun. BTW hi Mike Hamilton (if this is the same mike H from Sandia on the gsxr).

Highside20

Re: Few new guys, looking to do some VTA style class

Post  Highside20 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 pm

lbz34 wrote:Name is Sean Stanford, Owner of Solid Tech performance in Alb. Me and a few guys are looking at coming out to do some on road stuff. We are looking to get some more interest in a VTA style class, Rubber tires, 17.5's classic/modern body realistic style stuff. Just putting it up here and see you guys next week for some on road fun. BTW hi Mike Hamilton (if this is the same mike H from Sandia on the gsxr).

Sean,

It is the same Mike Hamilton from the bike racing days. How are you doing? You still running your bike down at the strip? Come out and race next week for sure. We don't really have a stock class yet but we welcome all to come out and "run what you brung". We have been trying to get a 17.5 style class going and the VTA style class would be great.

Mike H.
    lbz34

Post  lbz34 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Got bored of the bike drag racing, nobody to race. Built a few bikes and smacked everyone, gsxr is going back short to a street fighter bike to cruise and do a few track days with. Well head out next week and jump in if we can. Hopefully I get a car in time.
    chromedome

VTA would be great

Post  chromedome on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 pm

I just posted a message about a spec 17.5 class. But I'd really like be part of a VTA class
    chromedome

Let's get a VTA class going

Post  chromedome on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:39 am

I'm going to start promoting a VTA class since I can produce a flyer and copies of the VTA class rules which I will post at the hobby shops. Send a reply here if you are interested, and here is link to the rules VTA Rules

muddfoot

Post  muddfoot on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Yes...unable on Fri night though.
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:04 am

muddfoot wrote:Yes...unable on Fri night though.
    Paul,

We have our last night race on Friday the 16th, but we will be switching to Sunday afternoons thereafter. We just have to figure out the schedule so that we don't conflict with other race series out at Sandia. We will post the new schedule on the forum so check back soon.

Mike H.
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 am

I'm very interested also.

But I would need to think about getting a new motor/esc - unless 25.5 brushless is close to a tamiya silver can(same as mini class) and the club would let me run that instead.. Also still using Nimh batteries.
    chromedome

Post  chromedome on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Zac_with_no_K wrote:I'm very interested also.

But I would need to think about getting a new motor/esc - unless 25.5 brushless is close to a tamiya silver can(same as mini class) and the club would let me run that instead.. Also still using Nimh batteries.
    I don't think there'd be a problem with that for some time. Once the class get's going strong you can get a 25.5
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:03 am

Zac,

Just come out and run your car with us. Sean will find a class for you to run in whatever car you have. The electric classes have been especially fluid during this outdoor season.

Regards,
    Carter
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:50 pm

darcydawg wrote:Zac,

Just come out and run your car with us. Sean will find a class for you to run in whatever car you have. The electric classes have been especially fluid during this outdoor season.

Regards,
    Carter

I should be able to once the track days switch to sundays and its not too hot out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:17 pm