Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
lbz34
howard15
bnarcers
Tony
muddfoot
chromedome
moondawg
Highside20
darcydawg
Sean Guthrie
14 posters

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE Empty NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Post  Sean Guthrie Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:45 am

THE NEW CARPET TRACK IS GETTING EVER CLOSER KEYS SHOULD BE DELIVERED BY NOVEMBER 1ST. FOR NOW HERE IS A LITTLE TEASE http://www.rcaddictzracing.com/ THIS IS ADRIAN WITH BIG BOYS TOYS WHO IS DOING ALL OF THIS SO PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO HIM WHEN YOU BEGIN PURCHASING PARTS AND CARS TO GO RACING THIS WINTER. CLASSES AND RULES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE Empty Re: NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Post  darcydawg Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:37 pm

darcydawg wrote:Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Sean Guthrie wrote:THE NEW CARPET TRACK IS GETTING EVER CLOSER KEYS SHOULD BE DELIVERED BY NOVEMBER 1ST. FOR NOW HERE IS A LITTLE TEASE http://www.rcaddictzracing.com/ THIS IS ADRIAN WITH BIG BOYS TOYS WHO IS DOING ALL OF THIS SO PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO HIM WHEN YOU BEGIN PURCHASING PARTS AND CARS TO GO RACING THIS WINTER. CLASSES AND RULES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
    I hope their is a class for 17.5 to separate the really good racers from those like me. Very Happy
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:19 am

moondawg wrote:
    Sean Guthrie wrote:THE NEW CARPET TRACK IS GETTING EVER CLOSER KEYS SHOULD BE DELIVERED BY NOVEMBER 1ST. FOR NOW HERE IS A LITTLE TEASE http://www.rcaddictzracing.com/ THIS IS ADRIAN WITH BIG BOYS TOYS WHO IS DOING ALL OF THIS SO PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO HIM WHEN YOU BEGIN PURCHASING PARTS AND CARS TO GO RACING THIS WINTER. CLASSES AND RULES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
    I hope their is a class for 17.5 to separate the really good racers from those like me. Very Happy

I'm in for 17.5 if there is a class.
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 am

VTA....VTA.....VTA!
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 pm

muddfoot wrote:VTA....VTA.....VTA!

sounds good..I'm for VTA as well

for anyone interested, rules are
    here

and picture this:
    NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE Vta
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Well we have stopped and discussed the classes and we all agreed that when we started to split up the racers in the middle of the season last year with the toring cars that both of the classes really suffered. So for now we are going to run these classes:
    12th scale 17.5 no timing
    12th scale Modified - we discussed 13.5 timed but lets be honest its all the same speed and is just more difficult to keep track of
    World GT- This year it will be 13.5 no timing unlike last year I think this will make everyone much more competitive
    13.5 No Timing Touring Car- At least to start we are going to have just one class of touring car once we start having good turn outs we may add a VTA or a mod class but for now we want to see big car turn outs.

We will still have a class for the tamiya minis and the novice.

Seperate from the RCRIOT ran carpet races there will be racing with jumps for short course trucks and other nights that will be special occasions for certain things. We will have at least one completely dedicated practice night each week and every other week we will have our races. The building is absolutely amazing and really easy to get to!
    Tony
    Tony

Post  Tony Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Up here in White Rock, we are having a meeting next Saturday, Nov. 5, to discuss our indoor season. It would be great if your schedule was up by then so we can schedule around it.
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:02 am

Sean Guthrie wrote:Well we have stopped and discussed the classes and we all agreed that when we started to split up the racers in the middle of the season last year with the toring cars that both of the classes really suffered. So for now we are going to run these classes:
    12th scale 17.5 no timing
    12th scale Modified - we discussed 13.5 timed but lets be honest its all the same speed and is just more difficult to keep track of
    World GT- This year it will be 13.5 no timing unlike last year I think this will make everyone much more competitive
    13.5 No Timing Touring Car- At least to start we are going to have just one class of touring car once we start having good turn outs we may add a VTA or a mod class but for now we want to see big car turn outs.

We will still have a class for the tamiya minis and the novice.

Seperate from the RCRIOT ran carpet races there will be racing with jumps for short course trucks and other nights that will be special occasions for certain things. We will have at least one completely dedicated practice night each week and every other week we will have our races. The building is absolutely amazing and really easy to get to!
    That's disappointing, mini class is probably dead ( I can only think of three ) and vta could add something to the night's racing.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:47 pm

We have discussed VTA for three years now and it is the same people who wanted and started the Mini class and the mini class is a much better option in my opinion because its still half the price of VTA. So the same racers who would run VTA can run Mini and save a bunch of money and if they really want to drive a touring car they can run the main touring car class.

I do and always will think that it is better to run a b main against the best guys then win an a main against guys who arent the best other wise how do you know where you stand. Thats why we will have one group of touring cars until we have enough cars to warrant splitting up the classes. The reason we are going to have two 12th scale classes is many people own two cars and will race both classes and the 17.5 12th scale class is going to have over 10 racers in it to start with.

Tony we are still in a bit of limbo for the schedule as its going to depend on when we are able to hold the first race. We are going to try and be on the off weekend of what ARCOR is on currently. We will also take the holidays into account. We are looking forward to racing up there though and would also like to discuss a championship with you, Hals Hobbies down in El Paso wants to hold one as well.
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:20 pm

I don’t care what the classes are I’m just glad we have a place to race! Thank you Adrian for giving us a new home and as always thank you Sean for everything you do to support on-road racing.
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Just a thought: Could VTA and mini's run together as a start. I have no idea what their comparable speed are, but I bet the guys who are interested in either class could sort that out.

Carter
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Sean Guthrie wrote:We have discussed VTA for three years now and it is the same people who wanted and started the Mini class and the mini class is a much better option in my opinion because its still half the price of VTA. So the same racers who would run VTA can run Mini and save a bunch of money and if they really want to drive a touring car they can run the main touring car class.

I do and always will think that it is better to run a b main against the best guys then win an a main against guys who arent the best other wise how do you know where you stand. Thats why we will have one group of touring cars until we have enough cars to warrant splitting up the classes. The reason we are going to have two 12th scale classes is many people own two cars and will race both classes and the 17.5 12th scale class is going to have over 10 racers in it to start with.

Tony we are still in a bit of limbo for the schedule as its going to depend on when we are able to hold the first race. We are going to try and be on the off weekend of what ARCOR is on currently. We will also take the holidays into account. We are looking forward to racing up there though and would also like to discuss a championship with you, Hals Hobbies down in El Paso wants to hold one as well.
    Sean I don't believe the mini class came along because it was inexpensive, it was to get away from the TC class as it turned into a class for the really serious/good racers. I no longer have a mini and I don't think Brian does, Paul may have his. If I see a 17.5 TC class of some kind I will buy a TC. The biggest turn outs were when their was a stock and mod TC class. Anyway looking forward to seeing the new track and I hope the turn out is huge. Asa
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

I became less interested in touring cars and minis was and is a fun class without all the hassle of setups, etc. VTA essentially does the same thing as the tires, motor, gear ratio are standard and regulated... having traveled to several races the racing is very realistic looking and close. Sidebar as is the tamiya formula one class.

I agree with cost...mini is the best...and id say we all had a pretty good time running them. VTA let's folks run somewhat subpar touring cars and gives them a realistic shot of doing well.

If Jordan and I do touring cars, I plan on them being VTA at least in appearance, as they look better than the soapbox type, heck I'd run a vw bug body if I could find one of the 200mm ones hpi used to sell!

Anyway, glad to see a track is being considered again, we had a great time at the last indoor track and it was certainly warmer than outdoor racing! And I'll finally be back in town for more than a weekend at a time lol...
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:00 am

Thats unfortunate that some of you got rid of your minis because we have a few new mini racers and Adrian is going to let his staff run that class as well as having them as rentals so there will be a mini class and it will be a good size class. If there is five guys who will commit to running a slower touring car class and they will commit to promoting the class then I will help as well.

What I purpose is a simple set of rules:
    No carbon fiber chassis cars unless they were produced before 2000, we will allow fiberglass chassis like the T3R
    A spec speed controller and motor neither being adjustable I think I can get Adrian to sell a combo for ~150.00 (21.5 brushless)
    Must run a realistic car body no specific rules that way kids can run imports if they want
    Must run the current spec tires for the standard touring car class
    Open gearing because it will be way to hard with all of the various cars to spec a gearing and with a spec motor and esc everyone should be able to have an easy time finding the right gear
    Open battery as long as its under 4000mah and 40c

Let me know what you think.
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 am

Aj will be running his mini. Glad to see Adrian supporting the class!
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Sean Guthrie wrote:Thats unfortunate that some of you got rid of your minis because we have a few new mini racers and Adrian is going to let his staff run that class as well as having them as rentals so there will be a mini class and it will be a good size class. If there is five guys who will commit to running a slower touring car class and they will commit to promoting the class then I will help as well.

What I purpose is a simple set of rules:
    No carbon fiber chassis cars unless they were produced before 2000, we will allow fiberglass chassis like the T3R
    A spec speed controller and motor neither being adjustable I think I can get Adrian to sell a combo for ~150.00 (21.5 brushless)
    Must run a realistic car body no specific rules that way kids can run imports if they want
    Must run the current spec tires for the standard touring car class
    Open gearing because it will be way to hard with all of the various cars to spec a gearing and with a spec motor and esc everyone should be able to have an easy time finding the right gear
    Open battery as long as its under 4000mah and 40c

Let me know what you think.
    sounds good to me. I also still have a mini if someone wants to buy it. I'll get my Xray done and race it in this spec class
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:11 am

Sounds cool to me too.
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:44 am

Looks like spec class car so far is the old mini racers: Paul,Jordan,Brian and Asa.
    Maybe AJ can also.
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Any news?
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:13 pm

He has keys, some demo work has been done, painting has started, need to drop in a few more outlets and some lights in the pits, set-up the store, and get the carpet. I would bet its about two weeks out but it will be well worth the wait he is not rushing anything.
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks Sean. Where is the new place located?
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:44 am

Alameda and Alameda Park Way. If you head west on Alameda from the freeway you will drive by the balloon park and come up on Alameda Park Way head south on Alameda Park take the first cut out on the left and pull into bussiness park there. The store is closest to Alameda and next to the Pet Lasik place.
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE Empty This track is going to Rock!!!

Post  darcydawg Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:38 pm

I took a drive over to the new track during lunch today and talked to Adrian for a bit. Sean was right. It is going to be great. Track size will be about the same as the old one maybe a little smaller. Adrian is going to bring in brand new CRC carpet and the click track barriers. He was talking about having television monitors for Nascar or football, internet and video for LiveRC, vending machines, a rock crawling area. It looks like it will be top class.

He said the track will be open for practice during business hours with some sort of membership. He's going to have rentals, parties. I'm very excited.

His time frame is about 2 weeks and sounds like he will have a big grand opening.

Can't wait.
    Carter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm