Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
lbz34
howard15
bnarcers
Tony
muddfoot
chromedome
moondawg
Highside20
darcydawg
Sean Guthrie
14 posters

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

bnarcers
    bnarcers

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Post  bnarcers Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Thats awesome news.cant wait and looking forward to coming down.
    howard15

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE - Page 2 Empty AAAAhsome news Guys!!

Post  howard15 Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 am

That is great news! I am looking forward to seeing you guys again. Brian, I sent you a PM about mini. Thanks, Howard
    lbz34
    lbz34

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Post  lbz34 Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:51 am

I am definitely game for a VTA/real bodied car. I will ask Barbara what she wants to drive, most likely I will be driving the Xray (hopefully some sort of realistic bodied spec class Wink, or maybe world gt,and Barbara will drive whatever is good for novice or whatever class looks to be her pace, and what kind of car she wants to run. Who is running world gt?

I am all for a slower realistic touring car class, maybe make it realistic bodies (HPI has a ton of them), treaded rubber tires, no timing, whatever motor everyone wants. I think requiring old chassis will make it too much of a hastle for those who might have a newer chassis (ie having to buy another car, damn it) lol.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 am

Sean I think you will do fine in the standard touring car class. The treaded tires are a real handful to get a hold of a good set-up thats why I think people will have more fun if we stick to the current spec tire it will make it much easier to drive. The older chassis are again easy to set-up because the set-up window is so much bigger since they are so flexable but that being said they don't have the corner speed of the new cars so we are trying to keep it as fair and even as possible and keep the costs down. You can pick up a used TC4, XXX-S, T2R, T3R, HPI car for around a 100 dollars as a roller so it should be very cheap.

In my mind the class speeds will be as follows:
    Mini
    Spec Real Body TC
    17.5 12th Scale
    WGT
    13.5 No Timing TC
    Mod 12th Scale

My guess on class count is:
    Mini: 4-7
    Spec TC: 4-7
    17.5 12th Scale: 12-20
    WGT: 5-8
    13.5 No Timing TC: 7-15
    Mod 12th Scale: 5-8
    Scott
    Scott

Post  Scott Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Ready for carpet season.....
    lbz34
    lbz34

Post  lbz34 Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:18 am

Sounds good to me. Is the spec tire for TC the rubber slicks we have been using outdoor? Is world gt 1s or 2s lipo? In the Mini class is there a specific car everyone runs I.E. FWD, looks like there are a bunch of different mini cars. Thx

Sean
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:12 am

WGT is 13.5 1S blinky. I don't know about mini.

Carter
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:31 am

minis can run 2s. However, the battery holder is designed for 6-cell Nmih packs. So a 2s would have to be a stick pack. VTA will be 2S (but limited by the spec rules)
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 am

lbz34 wrote:Sounds good to me. Is the spec tire for TC the rubber slicks we have been using outdoor? Is world gt 1s or 2s lipo? In the Mini class is there a specific car everyone runs I.E. FWD, looks like there are a bunch of different mini cars. Thx

Sean

Most people ran either the Tamiya M05 or M03 in the mini class (both FWD). There is also the new M06 which is rear wheel drive. The mini will not run the TC tires because they use a much smaller wheel. I liked the Tamiya option slick for the mini but I hear sweep also makes a good tire for the mini now.

Mike H.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:27 pm

The spec tire for all touring cars is the same tires that we were running on the asphalt, medium compound Solaris.
    lbz34
    lbz34

Post  lbz34 Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 am

Ok thx guys.
    jlee
    jlee

Post  jlee Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Can I still run the Jaco blues I have?

Working on setting my 2nd TC5 up for VTA...
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 pm

don't think tc5 is legal for vta. ck earlier posts.
    jlee
    jlee

Post  jlee Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm

What I saw in the rules under "Chassis specification: Four wheel drive touring car chassis only. Any era or brand 4wd chassis is allowed." Not trying to stur the pot just would only like to stock parts for one chassis as opposed to two.
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:37 am

Jeff ck Sean's next to last post on page 2 of this thread.
    glad to hear you're coming back.
    Asa
    Max K
    Max K

Post  Max K Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am

Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm

We are not running full VTA rules we arent sticking to just there bodies any body that looks like a real car is legal, we will be using solaris medium tires or harder, blues will be allowed since they are harder and will not give in advantage, I had also wanted to keep it to non carbon cars due to the added cost and advantage that adds. I will leave the final decision to you guys.
    chromedome
    chromedome

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE - Page 2 Empty VTA

Post  chromedome Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Some of us who have been talking about VTA do want to follow the official specs. If we get a good class going there's every likelihood that the track could host a national event. But if we make up our own rules they won't even talk to us. We can waive the tires thing for now. but we should try to eventually get 100% aligned For now, I think we oughtta stick to the rules as far as motor/esc/battery.

moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:51 pm

I made my purchase based on Sean's earlier rules..let's make rules and not change them.
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:00 pm

moondawg wrote:I made my purchase based on Sean's earlier rules..let's make rules and not change them.

well then let's compose a complete set of rules and call it something other than VTA since they might take exception our bastardizing their race format Shocked
    We need something that we can show to potential racers that shows the specs and the inexpensive format of what we race. What Sean wrote only covered a few items.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:18 pm

I am not sure what other rules need to be outlined. And it wont be VTA becuase there will be imports, and new cars, etc. If its going to take off it will take off rather its official VTA rules or not. It is going to be a great spec class and I am with Asa lets keep it what we outlined earlier.
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Sean Guthrie wrote:Thats unfortunate that some of you got rid of your minis because we have a few new mini racers and Adrian is going to let his staff run that class as well as having them as rentals so there will be a mini class and it will be a good size class. If there is five guys who will commit to running a slower touring car class and they will commit to promoting the class then I will help as well.

What I purpose is a simple set of rules:
    No carbon fiber chassis cars unless they were produced before 2000, we will allow fiberglass chassis like the T3R
    A spec speed controller and motor neither being adjustable I think I can get Adrian to sell a combo for ~150.00 (21.5 brushless)[define spec speed controller and motor, suggested brands]
    Must run a realistic car body no specific rules that way kids can run imports if they want
    Must run the current spec tires for the standard touring car class [define: what are they?]
    Open gearing because it will be way to hard with all of the various cars to spec a gearing and with a spec motor and esc everyone should be able to have an easy time finding the right gear
    Open battery as long as its under 4000mah and 40c

Let me know what you think.
    In summary, something we can put on a flyer so we can promote the class to potential racers with budget limitations and to other scale-realism fanatics.
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I got my bug body mounted on my vta....err spec car!

Jordan wants to go porshe or mustang!

We going 21.5? Gonna be a fun class.

Paul
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:45 pm

muddfoot wrote:I got my bug body mounted on my vta....err spec car!

Jordan wants to go porshe or mustang!

We going 21.5? Gonna be a fun class.

Paul

Paul,

What car are you and Jordan running? I'm thinking Aj might be interest is this class.

Mike H.
    jlee
    jlee

Post  jlee Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 am

I cannot say that I want to stock parts for another car. But for clarification what motor will that class be running. Will reconsider myself when I can get an Xray T3 ($529.99)and T3R ($264.99), that way I can still only stock one set of parts and finally up grade my cars over all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm