Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
moondawg
Faron
jlee
Sean Guthrie
Zac_with_no_K
Tony
darcydawg
muddfoot
12 posters

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts

Jay
    Jay

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts - Page 4 Empty CALLING BRIAN DITMER

Post  Jay Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:53 am

If someone can get in touch with Brian Ditmer, I think I know what's wrong with his Mini. At the race last Sat. he was having gear issues. Well... I was giving my car a once over and realized the motor mount looking from where the motor gets inserted into the chassis is missing on Brians car (motor removed looking at tranny gears). I have no idea how it can not be there, but I'm 99% sure it's not. It's on page 4, step 2, item B2(M05 Pro). No wonder why it sounded like his car was out to lunch. I hope no serious damage was done and you get your car sorted, good luck buddy! cheers

On a side note I'll be at practice tomorrow (tues) Really looking forward to meeting some more Mini guys! Is anyone else going to come out?

Jay
    Faron
    Faron

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts

Post  Faron Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:55 pm

I didn't show up because I was working on mine. It is now a rolling chassis! All I need to do is buy a some batteries, & install all the electronics. Last but not least, my favorite part of the build... PAINT the body. Still not sure how I am going to paint it, I think I see a Zia somewhere on the body.
    Jay
    Jay

Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Inexpensive but fun On Road class ideas...thoughts

Post  Jay Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:39 am

You should have come down to the track and built it! I had a pretty good time down there, I played with my setup and tires. One thing I noticed is that the "kit" tires with tire sauce applied have more traction than the S-Grips do without the sauce.

Obivously I wont be there on Thursday first becasue it's Thanksgiving, and second the track will be closed. I'm going to see if Howard can order a few 540J motors, I'd really like to have atleast one extra one. Plus the motor I used tonight deffently a work out!

Can't wait till the next race!

Jay
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 am

Does anyone know what the two sizes of bearings I need for the M-05 are?
    Faron
    Faron

Post  Faron Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 am

Zac_with_no_K wrote:Does anyone know what the two sizes of bearings I need for the M-05 are?

Did you find out yet? I think that once I am used to what I have I will upgrade to that. I just want to start at the bottom and work my way up. Really want to learn SMOOTH so that when I am in a faster car I will be that much faster. All about learning how to "Drive the car" for me at this point.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 am

Faron you bought the Pro kit right? You should already have bearings.
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Faron wrote:
    Zac_with_no_K wrote:Does anyone know what the two sizes of bearings I need for the M-05 are?

Did you find out yet? I think that once I am used to what I have I will upgrade to that. I just want to start at the bottom and work my way up. Really want to learn SMOOTH so that when I am in a faster car I will be that much faster. All about learning how to "Drive the car" for me at this point.

Not yet, but I think they're 1150 and 850 if that's how bearings are measured..
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:31 pm

wheel bearings are 5X10 mm available at Hobbyproz in a traxxas package
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 am

moondawg wrote:wheel bearings are 5X10 mm available at Hobbyproz in a traxxas package

Went to hobbyproz a couple days ago, they gave me 5x11x4..

Will these not fit correctly?
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Zac, according to google the 1150 bearing is = to 5x11x4. Did you finish building the kit yet? You better hurry up, we're racing saturday!!!!!!!

Jay

Last edited by Jay on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Oh yeah and the 850 Bearings are .... 5x8x2.5
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:11 pm

I dunno, I thought they were 5x11. I took the old ones with me, the 5x11 were too big. The 5x10 fit and I measured the old one when I got home and it is 9.96mm...
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Figured it out. My car has alum. front hubs and they take the 5x10..sorry didn't know there is a difference..
    Asa
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Jay wrote:Zac, according to google the 1150 bearing is = to 5x11x4. Did you finish building the kit yet? You better hurry up, we're racing saturday!!!!!!!

Jay

Haven't started on it yet, but I probably will tonight. Hobbyproz only had 4 of the 5x11x4 so I have to wait until tuesday for the rest of them from tower hobbies. And I got a lot of upgrades to put in my TA05v.2

Hope I can make it!

Last edited by Zac_with_no_K on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Asa,

Good run last race...I saw you won. I can't wait to get back with my bull-wagon! Jordan too.

Paul
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi Paul, missed you guys at the race. Jay, a new racer (in the Air Force, from Florida) ran away with the the mini races. It was Jay, Brian and myself. Looks like next time with you and Jordan, Steve-o and a couple of other newbies we will have 7 or 8. Jay will give you and Steve a run for your money..
    Asa
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for the kind words Asa! I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the Mini guys. I picked up a personal transponder while I was here in California visiting my folks, so I'll now be able to track the laps I do and see if I improve or not. Can't wait for the next race day! Hopefully I'll see some of you at practice!

Jay
    Faron
    Faron

Post  Faron Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Faron wrote:

Nope I didn't buy the M05 Pro, I bought the basic kit. I may but a set of bearings AFTER I have a day/night of racing under my belt. That way I can see the improvement as I upgrade to see if the money spent was worth it or not. That is how I have always done it both in RC and cars that Daily drove in the past.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 am

That's cool Faron. It's always fun to see an improvement in something, and you deffentely will when you do the ball bearings! Are you and Zac going to come out to practice next Tuesday?
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:59 am

Jay wrote:That's cool Faron. It's always fun to see an improvement in something, and you deffentely will when you do the ball bearings! Are you and Zac going to come out to practice next Tuesday?

I will be there if I finish with either car
    JShultz1

Post  JShultz1 Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Been out of town for Turkey Day. Got home yesterday and started the build on the M05pro. I will be out Tuesday but probably wont race...Hope to meet you all soon.

Jeff
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Jeff if you come out at least bring your car and radio JUST IN CASE you decide you want to run.

Jay
    JShultz1

Post  JShultz1 Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:10 am

I currently don't have any electronics....Working on that the next couple weeks...ah the life of a divoreced dad and the child support fun!...I will come out though..
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 am

Jeff do you have ANY electronics or are you missing everything? I plan on buying the Venom LIPO pack at RC Riot on Tues, and would more than happy to let you use it during practice and and races (can't take it home with you sorry Razz ) I also have another charger so we don't have to worry about whos pack gets charged first. I'm sure some of the other guys might be able to chip in also to get you racing!

Now if you have NOTHING then that might be an issue, not too many people have extra Radios and Rx's sitting around not being used.

BTW that offer goes out to ALL INVOLVED... if I have something and it's not being used by me I would be more than happy to lend it out, as long as it gets returned by the end of the day Smile
    JShultz1

Post  JShultz1 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:16 am

Yeah...I need to replace everything..though i am planning on a servo and maybe my radio/reciever this week. Thanks for the offer though! I have a good feeling about this club...

Jeff

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 am