Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
moondawg
chromedome
muddfoot
Zac_with_no_K
Sean Guthrie
9 posters

SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2

Poll

WILL YOU RACE AND WHAT DO YOU WANT TO RACE

[ 2 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap7%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap4%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap7%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap4%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 5 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap19%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 6 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap22%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap19%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 0 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap0%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_lcap11%SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 Empty SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2

Post  Sean Guthrie Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 am

Not all classes will be run but we want to see what people would like to run. Any class with 4 or more cars will be put on the schedule and raced. Again we need 20 commited people to make this happen which means we would like to see 30 people interested in racing.

Last edited by Sean Guthrie on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 Empty Re: SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2

Post  Zac_with_no_K Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm

I only have 13.5 for my touring car(Which I'm still learning to drive). Would that mean it has to be in the mod class? Or can I turn the throttle down or something?
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:57 pm

17.5 timed and use VTA rules...there is a cool thought??

Or straight VTA???
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 am

Sean Guthrie wrote:Not all classes will be run but we want to see what people would like to run. Any class with 4 or more cars will be put on the schedule and raced. Again we need 20 commited people to make this happen which means we would like to see 30 people interested in racing.

that oval makes a nice track.

Last edited by chromedome on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my question was answered)
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 am

8th scale GT would be cool (I assume that's what you mean about 8th scale conversions)
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Yes 8th Scale GT is a very cool class and a great way to get some off-road guys to come over. 17.5 timed is still very very quick and to fast for VTA tires. The slower touring car class whatever it is we will be more lenient with motors until it becomes a problem.
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Sean Guthrie wrote:Yes 8th Scale GT is a very cool class and a great way to get some off-road guys to come over. 17.5 timed is still very very quick and to fast for VTA tires. The slower touring car class whatever it is we will be more lenient with motors until it becomes a problem.

Actual VTA rules say th motor has to be 25.5

Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 am

Brian I believe you mean 21.5. Seems like there is a lot of interest from a few people, I am a bit leary that there isnt a lot of people interested. If you know any guys that want to play in the asphalt hit them up and have them come say that they want to play! With the rent and expense of the asphalt we are going to need 20 entries a race at the bare minimum.
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Rich P. and Chas are interested(per Rich today) but have not been on the site. Figure what it will cost per night and lets see what kind of money we need, some of us might be want to pay more to help get it started. Is the fee for the track a monthly fee? I bet we can make it happen.
    Asa
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:53 pm

I agree with Asa. I’m willing to pay higher entry fees to get this going

Mike H.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:17 am

Here are my thoughts as of now for the classes we should start off running to get the season underway.

1. 17.5 Non timed TC (the votes are varying on this between non timed 17.5, 21.5, VTA, etc. A lot of people have 17.5s already and its a good place to start with for this season. Plus if people want to run 21.5 they will be very close in speed)

2. Modified TC (Running anything with timing is so close to mod why not just take the ESCs out of the game and open it up just makes sense to me)

3. Nitro TC (Really the only class that matters in my unbias opinion, lol)

4. Minis (I think we should consider leaving this open to anything smaller then 1/12th scale and score the tamiyas seperate if you want. I think the Traxxas Rallys would be awesome on the asphalt and a great way to get new racers, thoughts?)

5. Novice

6. 1/8th scale (I just want to see people race these things!)

I really want to run some pan cars out there as well but I think we should get things up and running and make sure that they are going to work well before we start making classes for them, especially since the interest seems fairly low.

As far as the costs. If we can get some donations to get some supplies bought and get us started our entry fees should be able to cover the VHT and rent as long as we raise the entry fee just a little. I am thinking 10 dollars per car. Would this bother anyone? I know we have tried to keep entry fee lower but I think that is unrealistic to continue right now.
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:50 am

$10 per class would be too much, per night would be fine. I agree that classes need to be formed on cars already in hand. I believe the only way to grow the tc class (asphalt and carpet) is by makeing it appealing to the guys that are discouraged by running with the drivers that are better equiped and more talented by offering a stock motor class for intermediate drivers. We should also promote the rc races during the regular saturday night races at the track.
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 am

$10 a class sounds good to me. If that is too high for some racers then maybe we should charge $10 for the higher level classes like the nitro and mod touring and leave the entry level classes at $5? Maybe charge club membership fees to help with the cost?

Mike H.
    just4funracing
    just4funracing

Post  just4funracing Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 pm

$10 a class is not much, Sean has done so much for use with such little cost for entry, why not pay $10 a class to support our club, It really all goes back to use so we have the best track equipment possible.
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:37 am

$10 is good for me. I'm glad to see the interest in this.

Regards,
    Carter
    bnarcers
    bnarcers

Post  bnarcers Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 pm

im down with whatever. i just want to see how fast i can make a 4.5 go ha lolmod touring weeee affraid
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:36 am

Hey guys sorry I havent posted in a while just got back into town last night from nationals. John and I are going to work on getting the schedule of events posted tonight so we can figure out when we are racing and when we are going to get the track prepped and ready for racing. Expect to see some schedule changes for the carpet season and some work days in the near future. I will post some more stuff later on.
    chromedome
    chromedome

Post  chromedome Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Sean Guthrie wrote:Brian I believe you mean 21.5. Seems like there is a lot of interest from a few people, I am a bit leary that there isnt a lot of people interested. If you know any guys that want to play in the asphalt hit them up and have them come say that they want to play! With the rent and expense of the asphalt we are going to need 20 entries a race at the bare minimum.

no. reading official VTA rules it says 25.5 (although that may be changing)
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:58 am

Hmm that seems odd. This weekend the 17.5 and 21.5 were not very different in speed and the 17.5 class had much more talent then the 21.5. The difference at IIC this year between the 17.5 class and mod was also very close. So it seems like if we want different speeds we need a "mod" class and a non timing class with 17.5 or slower motors. We are still working on the schedule we are trying to schedule around the dirt races at sandia so that the track will last a week longer and we could go out and practice if we wanted, trying to schedule around arcor, white rock, big races, and come up with track work days. Not quite as easy as expected lol.
    chromedome
    chromedome

SUMMER ASPHALT RACING POLL 2 Empty 8th scale GT

Post  chromedome Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Those Kyoshos do look good. But also take a look at Ofna 34317. It seems very similar and is less expensive. I think it would fit within the rules if the class is run.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 pm