Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
moondawg
Zac_with_no_K
Sean Guthrie
Jay
JShultz1
muddfoot
10 posters

Tamiya Mini Class

Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Tamiya Mini Class - Page 2 Empty Re: Tamiya Mini Class

Post  Zac_with_no_K Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:19 pm

What did you do to the motor? I have a spare 540J from the TA05..

I should have my mini at the track thursday. Bearings came last night.

But the TA05 might be out for a couple weeks..
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Well I can't give all of my secrets away HAHAHA! I will say that I break in my motor, and I keep it well maintained. The biggest thing is to make sure the brushes are fully seated on the comm. If you don't know what that is I'll show you on Thursday.

moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Great info in that video. A few things... It looks like he's using a 6cell nimh pack (7.2V) I would really try to break in your motor at no more than 4v. I use 1-2v's If you bring your stuff Thursday I'll help you break it in. That goes for anyone! I have everything you need, just bring your motor, and some motor cleaner to use after the water dip. Also you only want to break in the motor up to the point that the brushes are in complete contact with the comm. If you water dip it anymore past that point your just killing the life of your motor.

Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:36 am

Jay wrote:Great info in that video. A few things... It looks like he's using a 6cell nimh pack (7.2V) I would really try to break in your motor at no more than 4v. I use 1-2v's If you bring your stuff Thursday I'll help you break it in. That goes for anyone! I have everything you need, just bring your motor, and some motor cleaner to use after the water dip. Also you only want to break in the motor up to the point that the brushes are in complete contact with the comm. If you water dip it anymore past that point your just killing the life of your motor.

Awesome
    I'll have one installed in my mini just in case I can't wait any longer to drive it, and I'll bring my extra motor.
    Where do you get motor cleaner at?
    And did anyone else have trouble fitting the king-in like screw into the steering set?
    I'm stuck there.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 am

I think they have motor cleaner at the shop for sale. It's good for cleaning bearings too. As far as the steering goes... if I'm thinking of the right part I stuck a screw driver under it to support the steering linkage while I screwed in the screw. If your still stuck by Tuesday I'll be at the track around 6pm

P.S. How much of a life do I have trolling this forum all the time! Twisted Evil
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:44 am

Jay wrote:I think they have motor cleaner at the shop for sale. It's good for cleaning bearings too. As far as the steering goes... if I'm thinking of the right part I stuck a screw driver under it to support the steering linkage while I screwed in the screw. If your still stuck by Tuesday I'll be at the track around 6pm

P.S. How much of a life do I have trolling this forum all the time! Twisted Evil

I'll try tomorrow.
    and I'm always on the site too, can't help it!
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 am

I just water dip and oil my motor. I dont do anything to Jordan's. You can get some speed out of the 540's legally and they run fast (relativley speaking) and then with minimal notice they die.

My Squadron is doing the fly-by again...I have not been asked yet...but I am in Arkansas...anyway Jordan has a guitar recital that day so we will be there (Jordan and I) but POSSIBLY late...we will go to the recital all loaded up for the race and head right to RC Riot afterwards. Recital is in the NE at 3:30...should be easily done in time...we will be there.

How did Daniel do? I have not heard from that guy in a while...No Steve-O...how's his foot?

See you guys the 18th...Im off to fly right now!
    steven

Tamiya Mini Class - Page 2 Empty yo

Post  steven Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm

The foot is good, no longer going by the name limp bizkit. lol!

Jay, if your a loser for trolling the forums, that makes me a king loser.
    king

I couldn't make it, this is our busy season and wasn't able to take off after all.
    I sent Daniel to race my car though..

You guys are making this class too serious with all the speed secrets. I don't want to have to go
    old school with the speed tips to make the car faster.
    BTW I like the way my car bounces around the track. afro

Might not make the next race, but should make the following one.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Steven, I was looking at the perivous lap time from the race you won... you put down a 18.5x!!!!! I think that's the fastest time I've seen so far. Maybe we should be getting our speed secrets from you!

Jay

Is ANYONE coming out tomorrow night for practice?
    wolff840

Post  wolff840 Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 pm

I would like to come down tomorrow to pick up some things for my mini, i just finished putting it together and still need a speed controller, receiver and servo, if i can get these then i would like to practice at least on thursday.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Wolf I'll be there both days. So you already have a motor and battery? They have some good servos at the shop for sale. I'm not to sure about brushed ESC's though. What radio are you going to be running?

Jay
    wolff840

Post  wolff840 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:06 pm

I have a Futaba 4pks, would really like to get things going this week, have you painted your body, if so what color
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:11 pm

LoL yeah I finally painted it, it's solid yellow. I finally got tired of not being able to see my car in the back corner, so I walking into the shop and asked Howard what color he wanted me to paint it....Yellow. I think it was because that's what's been on the self longest LOL!!!!

wolff840

Post  wolff840 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Well that works, sometimes that is what it takes to decide on a color, i am trying to find metallic british racing green but i dont think that it exists, will probably just get a forest green and some white stripes
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't think they have any FASST Rx's at RC Riot, you might want to check Hobby Proz. I DO think they have a nice dark green color at RC Riot, I kinda wanted to buy the green, but I remembered that's the route you wanted to go.

Jay
    wolff840

Post  wolff840 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I feel kinda bad that you were wanting to buy the green now, we could have both ran the same and done some different stripes
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:26 pm

It's ok bro! I hate painting anyway, I was just glad to get it over with! So are you going to swing by tomorrow or what?
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I should be there tomorrow. At least with my mini. Hopefully someone will have some kind of drill or something for the steering set.

Not sure if I'll bring the body tomorrow. I'm going to wait until the suns out and it's a little warmer outside for the paint paint. But it's ready for the red right now
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:30 pm

wolff840 wrote:Well that works, sometimes that is what it takes to decide on a color, i am trying to find metallic british racing green but i dont think that it exists, will probably just get a forest green and some white stripes

Theymight have something like that.. I got metalic green from rcriots shop I put on my touring car. Don't know if its the british metalic green though
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Zac, Sean will let you paint inside the building, you just need to be away from all the cars (real ones) This way you have a nice warm, clean place to paint.
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Jay wrote:Zac, Sean will let you paint inside the building, you just need to be away from all the cars (real ones) This way you have a nice warm, clean place to paint.

If I don't start on it I'll bring it in. But it should be painted by 5. Just don't know how dry
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Lets just say I painted and ran my car within about 45mins of each other.

This is going to be sweet! 3 Mini guys at practice whoooohooooo
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Jay wrote:Lets just say I painted and ran my car within about 45mins of each other.

This is going to be sweet! 3 Mini guys at practice whoooohooooo

Then it should be fine.

yeah it should be fun. hopefully the only thing I'll need to do is work on that steering and if I can get through linking my receiver tonight, it should be all ready after that.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Wolff you have a PM

Last edited by Jay on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 pm