Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
moondawg
Zac_with_no_K
Sean Guthrie
Jay
JShultz1
muddfoot
10 posters

Tamiya Mini Class

Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Tamiya Mini Class - Page 3 Empty Re: Tamiya Mini Class

Post  Zac_with_no_K Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Dont know if I'll be able to make it to practice today. I might be able to stop in for 30-40 minuites
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to make it yesterday. I wasn't able to work on my mini at all so still have the same problems.

I should be at practice thrusday with an almost functioning mini.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:42 am

I'll be there tomorrow, Wolff said he SHOULD be there, and he's going to try to drag Faron out. I HOPE Jeff sees this because I think there are about 4 or 5 people kicking around the idea of picking up his extra Mini! Wolff is trying to convince his wife to start racing, she's not to bad either I let her drive my car on Tuesday. I've been up Howard's butt about getting one LOL I think I'm starting to wear him down!!!!!!!!!. I'm also bringing a guy I work with to check things out, and the new guy Nate said he's going to be there with his buddy who was interested about getting into RC. Maybe Asa will come out..... hint hint Asa! It would be kind of cool to have a Mini-mini race tomorrow if we can get enough people there!

Edit: fixed spelling of Wolff's name

Last edited by Jay on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolff840

Post  wolff840 Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:06 am

I am gonna be there, just hope everything falls into place with the speed control and receiver
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm pretty sure the speed control that came with my mini is defective or something..
    I hooked up the new receiver to my TA05 and it got power for the first time. I hooked up the mini's speed control to the TA05's receiver and no power.

I'll probably take it to hobby proz and get it re-wired or something.. hopefully it won't void the warrenty on it if it still doesn't work

Don't think the mini will be runable tonight, but hopefully everything else will be complete.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Dude bring it in tonight. I promise that if it is fixable, someone there tonight CAN fix it. Max, Sean, and John are always at the track and between the 3 of them I'm sure they'd be able to figure it out. Not to mention Howard, Mike, Brad, and myslef. It sounds like you need to reverse the signal and power wire on ESC... about a 5 second job!

Oh yeah if you flake on us tonight, I'm going to hunt you down! I'm just saying Twisted Evil
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Jay wrote:Dude bring it in tonight. I promise that if it is fixable, someone there tonight CAN fix it. Max, Sean, and John are always at the track and between the 3 of them I'm sure they'd be able to figure it out. Not to mention Howard, Mike, Brad, and myslef. It sounds like you need to reverse the signal and power wire on ESC... about a 5 second job!

Oh yeah if you flake on us tonight, I'm going to hunt you down! I'm just saying Twisted Evil

lol I'll be there with everything for my mini. just finishing it up now. Might be a little late though
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm flying home tomorrow! When is the welcome back Paul race?
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Who?
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:23 pm

I say we do a mock race on thursday! I know I'm not going to be able to make the race on the 18th, Zac said he's going to be out of town, and I THINK Joe (Wolff) said he's not going to be around either. We should do a MOCK race on Thursday! Zac said he'll be there, Joe SHOULD have his ESC issues fixed by then, hopefully Farons leg is better. I think we could have a good showing. If Asa decides to come and you (Pual) and your son come we could have a 5-7 car race if not more. So what do you guys think?

Jay
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Jay wrote:I say we do a mock race on thursday! I know I'm not going to be able to make the race on the 18th, Zac said he's going to be out of town, and I THINK Joe (Wolff) said he's not going to be around either. We should do a MOCK race on Thursday! Zac said he'll be there, Joe SHOULD have his ESC issues fixed by then, hopefully Farons leg is better. I think we could have a good showing. If Asa decides to come and you (Pual) and your son come we could have a 5-7 car race if not more. So what do you guys think?

Jay

I agree, that would be awesome.

Thanks again Jay. If it weren't for you y mini would probably be sitting on the table for another couple weeks
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:43 pm

No problem dude, now all we have to do is Joe setup!
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:38 am

What kind of tires is everyone running? I'm making an order on tamiyausa for all the ta05 parts I need and if they're cheap might be able to get some.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:35 am

I'm running the S-Grips all the way around.
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Joe, on your Tekin press and hold both buttons for 3 sec with the front tires off the ground. Your motor is going to pulse 3 times and then your good. What this is doing is resetting all settings in the ESC back to original including the current limit. Report back and let u's know if it fixed any issues. I looked up the spec for the G10 and the BEC (this is what powers the servo) is rated at 6.0V @ 5amps! That's a powerhouse and there's no reason why it's not properly driving the servo
    steven

Tamiya Mini Class - Page 3 Empty esc

Post  steven Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Zac_with_no_K wrote:I'm pretty sure the speed control that came with my mini is defective or something..
    I hooked up the new receiver to my TA05 and it got power for the first time. I hooked up the mini's speed control to the TA05's receiver and no power.

I'll probably take it to hobby proz and get it re-wired or something.. hopefully it won't void the warrenty on it if it still doesn't work

Don't think the mini will be runable tonight, but hopefully everything else will be complete.

Hey lad, make sure you plug in both wires from the esc into the receiver. It has the black plug which you plug into #2 on the receiver but then you plug the red plug from the esc into the receiver into the b/c slot.

And you don't need to paint the white stripes. There is 2 white stripes included in the decals, I learned the hard way.
    Surprised

Jay that 18.5 sec lap time was from the old layout, It was faster than the new layout, or so I hear.
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:22 pm

steven wrote:
    Zac_with_no_K wrote:I'm pretty sure the speed control that came with my mini is defective or something..

Hey lad, make sure you plug in both wires from the esc into the receiver. It has the black plug which you plug into #2 on the receiver but then you plug the red plug from the esc into the receiver into the b/c slot.

And you don't need to paint the white stripes. There is 2 white stripes included in the decals, I learned the hard way.
    Surprised

Jay that 18.5 sec lap time was from the old layout, It was faster than the new layout, or so I hear.

Yeah Jay saw that the red plug wasn't in about half a second after he took a look at it lol
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks to the snow, I don't know if I'll make it out there tonight..
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh don't be a puss. Your car is fwd you'll be fine!
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Jay wrote:Oh don't be a puss. Your car is fwd you'll be fine!

I know but it wasn't my call it was my parents
    howard15

Tamiya Mini Class - Page 3 Empty Unabashed Advertisement

Post  howard15 Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:18 pm

For all of you MINI owners and operators 4 FUN HOBBIES (the on site hobby shop) is constantly up dating their inventory for the MINI. We now have the 540-j motor, SGRIP Tires,bearing kit,and rear axles. We will soon have replacement front axles and CVD's. We also have on order more of the inexpensive batteries from VENOM that fit the MINI. SEE You at the racetrack, HOWARD
    Jay
    Jay

Post  Jay Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:53 am

Oh thanks Howard! Now I'm going to go broke!
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Howard...Per our conversation tonight:

M-03 Front and Rear Hubs are a "F" part tree, with the number 51238.

I would be interested to see if M-05's would fit with the larger bearings...Asa and I noticed they were different sized bearings between the M-5 and 03 tonight.

Other items of interest are: rear axle part # 9805502.

The shocks that I use are part #53155...they are cheaper than the full blown TRF Tamiya ones and a very nice step up from the kit shocks at a pretty reasonable price. LXGH15 is the towerhobbies number if you want to see a pic.

Paul
    howard15

Tamiya Mini Class - Page 3 Empty Thanks Paul and Jay

Post  howard15 Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 am

Paul, Thanks for doing the research for me. I came up with the same number for the F tree/ uprights. I will look into the shocks. Are they the same part# front and rear? 4FUN HOBBIES has the OPTION part rear axle kits with the shims in stock. Jay, By the time you return 4FUN HOBBIES will have lots of things to spend your Christmas money on. Thanks to all, Howard
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Yes the shocks come in a blister package of 2x per package. They are good quality Tamiya schocks...just not as "top notch" as the TRF ones...but they are cheaper for sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 am