Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
lbz34
howard15
bnarcers
Tony
muddfoot
chromedome
moondawg
Highside20
darcydawg
Sean Guthrie
14 posters

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

muddfoot

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Post  muddfoot Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:22 am

We got Schumacher mi1 cars they are fiberglass and pretty cheap, but seem good. You can find them for less than 170. I loved the xray t2r but for the price I had to try these (about 100 less). I am not buying anything expensive for vta (ish) class kinda defeats the purpose of a fun class in my opinion.

Now we gotta decide on motor and tires. I'm running then same batts we used in our off road trucks.

Paul
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW CARPET TRACK READY TO ANNOUNCE

Post  Sean Guthrie Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:29 pm

jlee wrote:I cannot say that I want to stock parts for another car. But for clarification what motor will that class be running. Will reconsider myself when I can get an Xray T3 ($529.99)and T3R ($264.99), that way I can still only stock one set of parts and finally up grade my cars over all.

That is exactly what we were thinking Jeff there are a few manufactures that have both styles of cars and people can very easily start out with say a T3R and then later decided to upgrade and all of there spares will transfer and this prevents people from spending 500+ dollars on a car that may or may not then dominate the class. If it does then everyone will be upset that they cant win with there inexpensive car and if it doesnt then the person may get burned out after spending so much money.

We are getting very close on the track I am doing the flyer tonight with a schedule, directions and classes outlined. Adrian says the carpet truck will arrive Friday and there are a few people who are going to get the carpet laid down on Friday evening. Hopefully we will be laying the track down Saturday morning and then have a practice/race night Saturday night!!!!

The facility is looking amazing, almost all of the painting is done some very cool graphics are also painted all over, the hobby shop is starting to shape up, the driver stand is in, electrical work and lighting in the pit area will start very soon!

Check back later for the flyer!
    bnarcers
    bnarcers

Post  bnarcers Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Hey Sean are we going to be able to buy tires at the track? Thanks
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey Bret, we will have all the parts your used to at RCRIOT plus a bunch more! So yes there will be tires there we are still trying to finalize the traction compound but its looking like SXT.
    bnarcers
    bnarcers

Post  bnarcers Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 pm

sweet thankyou.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 am

Carpet is laid down and super smooth, track layout is laid down and should be a blast. Outer boards are about half way done, a ton of cleaning is needed, and still lots of work in the hobby store part. Todays plan is multiple trips to the dump, outer boards, vacuum the track, mop the floors, clean the bathrooms, set-up the timing computer, clean the pit tables, and then tonight we are hoping to get some running in. The plan for now is to practice tonight and race tomorrow. If your bored your welcome to come help clean!
    Zac_with_no_K
    Zac_with_no_K

Post  Zac_with_no_K Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:34 pm

http://www.trinityrc.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_105&product_id=269 $65 - scroll down page

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBKUB&P=FR $97

Just want to make sure these are the correct motor/esc for RCA Touring Car.

Will these be sold locally?

Hoping to use my TA05 in this class. 13.5 is still too fast for me!

Thanks,
    Zac
    muddfoot

Post  muddfoot Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Zac,

Jordan has a Novak 21.5 and LRP blinky. I am ordering a Trinity 21.5. Brian and Asa are running 21.5's as well. Track looked great and can't wait to get running. It was really apparent that the guys have done an outstanding job in putting together a great/professional looking track to race at! As far as bodies, Asa has a Vintage HPI Camaro (I think), Jordan has an IMSA looking Mustang Saleen and I have that as well as a Bug (having trouble mounting it up). Not sure what Brian has. I understand that the track and Big Boys will have/has the tires in premount form (I need to get a couple sets). The TA05 should be a tank in the class for sure!

Im sure the hobby shops will stock the correct motor/esc combos -- I will start out with the ones we currently have.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Yes the 21.5 Monster locked is the correct motor it is a motor which can not be adjusted in anyway and trinity has worked very hard to make sure that the Monster Locked line of motors are as even as possible. The Novak edge is also the esc for the class as its the best bang for the buck esc we have found at $100.00 its super compact and light and does everything you need an esc to do. And Big Boys Toys / RC Addictz will have a set of 5 of the combos in stock and will be sold for $150.

Want to thank everyone who showed up today, both those who ran and didn't your support was great and I think its going to be a great facility. For those of you who didn't go we already have a great groove developed and we had zero fuzz!!!!
    bnarcers
    bnarcers

Post  bnarcers Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm

thats awesome wish i could have made it. but ill see u guys in 2 weeks!!
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Check out the video that Carter took on the facebook page!
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

Which facebook page?
    darcydawg
    darcydawg

Post  darcydawg Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 am

Highside20 wrote:Which facebook page?
    RC Addictz Raceway[url=RC Addictz]https://www.facebook.com/rcaddictz[/url]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:26 pm