Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Acook
Sean Guthrie
6 posters

This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5)

Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5) Empty This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5)

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 am

RCRIOT Racers we are going to change up the schedule for this week.

Tuesday we are going to pull up all of the boards to the track and start vacuuming. We will have the boards up and most of the vacuuming done before 6. We will need as much help as we can get Tuesday night to paint the boards that are looking beat up and also the boards which are not painted yet.

Thursday we will be laying the boards back down in a new configuration as this weekend the racing was rough and not a lot of passing because of the layout. Thursday we are also going to try another new way of prepping the track. We are doing all of this because as all of you know we have been really struggling to have a track that has grip, doesn't fuz, and doesn't glaze the tires.

Since there will be no track time Tuesday or Thursday we are going to have a race/practice on Saturday. The race is going to be for WGT, 12th, and Touring only. No novice or mini cars. I appologize for this but what I plan on doing is having practice until 5 and then start 10 minute group practice where we put as many cars on track as possible. Then about 7 we will run a set of heats and then run a set of mains and be done early hopefully by 9.

Also anyone that owns foam tires for touring cars I ask that you bring them and run them at first while we work on the grove. I have a few sets that people are welcome to run. WGT cars you are also welcome to put a bigger motor in the car for this weekend if you would like. Please post here that you are going to attend so I can figure out if I need to get Howard to help work the store.

Thank you to all of our racers!!!
    Acook
    Acook

This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5) Empty Re: This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5)

Post  Acook Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Sean: 90% sure about this weekend.
    During the week: I'll have to see how much homework I have, but I would like to help....
    muddfoot

This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5) Empty Re: This Weeks Schedule (January 31st - February 5)

Post  muddfoot Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Are you expecting such a big turnout that the minis will be gettting in the way? Just curious.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:37 pm

It is not that we expect a big turn out it is just that I want a lot of traffic on the track that will be putting a grove down. And the minis and novice cant put a grove down both becuase the tires that the run and the corner speed that they are not able to have. The race is less of a race and more a track expirement as we prep for the big race. The cars on the track are having a huge problem that will put a big black eye on RCRIOT if we continue to have them during the big race.

I hope that everyone understands that RCRIOT has and will always put a tremendous effort in the track and the racers at the track. The race in February is a great opprotunity to put RCRIOT on the board as one of the great tracks across the country and we will put every bit of our effort into that race.
    moondawg
    moondawg

Post  moondawg Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:20 pm

We have foam tires for the minis. Minis have a lot to offer to the race program and it is regrettable that it isn't recognized and given more of a chance.

Last edited by moondawg on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errors)
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:16 am

My decision to not run the minis or novice is not becuase I dont like those classes actually quiet the opposite. I have grown to really like the minis. It is getting much more competitive then I expected it to lately Paul, Jason, Steve all have run up front and the rest of the field is gaining ground. The cars are also looking like they are starting to handle much better.
    The sole reason for this race is to put as many cars that are having issues (for those who arent running this class trust me it is a BIG issue) on the track so we can see if this fix fixes the problem. Because if it doesnt we will have to steam clean the carpet and try another solution before the big race. We are just flat running out of time. So the race this weekend is not going to be a typical organized well structured race and that is why I dont want to have to worry about making sure that people have a good time. This weekend is unforutantely more about the track then the racers and while I hate to do that I have no option at this point. The information we have been getting from a bunch of outside sources just isnt working at our track so we have to do something else.
    got.guam?

Post  got.guam? Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:05 pm

I will try to be there on Saturday to spread some front end parts out on the track...I mean, tire compound.

My daughter has classes Thursday night and I will try to be there to help out.
    Highside20
    Highside20

Post  Highside20 Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:05 pm

I want to thank Sean for everything he does. Without his dedication and unrelenting commitment we would have no on-road racing at all. As someone who does not race anything but on-road I support whatever Sean thinks is best for the track. I know I have been struggling with my foam tire cars and I’m glad that Sean is willing to try things to help improve the track.

I’m afraid I will not be able to help out either today or Thursday but I will be there Saturday to help in any way I can. Can’t wait to try the WGT car with a 10.5 Very Happy

Mike H.
    Sean Guthrie
    Sean Guthrie

Post  Sean Guthrie Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Should have posted this earlier but a huge thanks to the guys that helped this week, Ayrton, Jacob, Brad, Scot Box, John Soloday, Max, Jason Kennedy, Luie, and if I missed anyone thank you as well. The track looks awesome! Totally vacuumed, all boards are painted, all the corners have plastic that is red/white, all the boards are now velcroed instead of using blocks, the entire outer boards have fresh rain gutter, the track is really awesome! We also sprayed the track with paragon ground effects so one more chance to get a good grove up. Track will open at 3 and we will practice until we want to race.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm